“The BSDA operates at the centre of an exciting and dynamic industry which is adapting to changing tastes and the challenges of dealing with major public policy issues. This is a great opportunity to work with leading industry figures to help the shape the sector’s approach and reputation.”
- Gavin Partington, Director General
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the BSDA, where you’ll play a pivotal role in the organisation. You will be charged with leading their public policy agenda, on behalf of their members, which include multinational corporations, and global brands such as Coca-Cola, Britvic and Pepsico.
The BSDA is the national trade association representing the collective interests of producers and manufacturers of soft drinks, including carbonated soft drinks, still and dilutable drinks, fruit juices, smoothies, and bottled water.
We’re looking for an experienced public affairs and policy professional to lead policy development. You’ll be part of a team addressing a wide range of issues affecting the industry. This position reports to the Director General and will be based in their offices in London, although frequent travel within the UK will be required.
Key elements of the role include:
- Leading BSDA work on key public policy issues for the industry – including health and environmental sustainability
- Briefing members on relevant policy issues and latest public policy developments, and supporting key BSDA committees
- Working with BSDA members to prepare policy documents, responses to consultative documents and commercial publications
- Working with policymakers at Westminster, and in the devolved administrations in Scotland and Wales, to promote the soft drinks industry
- Advising team members on areas of policy developments in areas relevant to their specialisation.
The candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a policy / public affairs role;
- Understanding of UK political institutions and processes;
- Understanding of issues affecting the industry;
- The ability to interpret and analyse detailed information;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and presentation skills;
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
A competitive salary and full benefits package are available to the right candidate commensurate with skills and experience.
If this position is of interest, please click the ‘apply’ button below.